View Single Post
      08-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #28
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
You do realize this is a Cadillac outperforming an M5 right? In corners and such, not just in power AND torque. I say it really is a fantastic leap forward.

There's not much missing. Cadillacs are not as pricey as BMW's generally but I would go check one out if I were you. You must also take into account that Cadillac knows they're not going to release their car at the same price point of an M5 and compete very well, so now they've made a car that is nearing equal if not besting it in areas AND doing it for $20k less? You'll have many would-be M5 owners looking at this car first.

Secondly, most all companies are putting heaping amounts of plastic in the engine bay these days. I don't see how this is any different from any Lexus, Benz, or hell, BMW they've produced since 2003. Plastic makes the bay look "clean".

You have a point, but there is a difference between making the bay look clean and just plain covering it all up. The M5's engine bay has plenty of plastic, but it is functional. 2 Airboxes and the intake over the manifold. The CTS-V only has 1 airbox and the intake cover, the rest is all just extra fluff. And you can make an engine look clean without putting a plastic panel over it all.