03-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Ill-informed. The cost is actually very reasonable <$2000 and even further, the swap is very straightforward.
That cost does not include a new headliner, new control panel, roof moldings, and labor. The front and rear glass must be removed prior to removal of the factory panel. From there all spot welds must be broken then the surface must be carefully ground down to provide a smooth mounting flange. After this is complete the panel needs to be laid with a careful application of adhesive. There is about 12 hours of setting time and then our body tech will go through and clean the panel of all excess adhesive. New roof moldings are required and after paint are installed. Followed then by the installation of the front and rear glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bot View Post
Hey guys/girls,

I had a few questions regarding a used 2013 M3 e92 I saw, but it has a sunroof... If I were to buy this M3, is there any way I can convert that roof into a CF roof? If so, how much would the parts and labor cost me? ALSO, is $68k a reasonable price for this specific build?

http://www.shellybmw.com/vehicle/spe...593525?remls=1

Any professional input would help

Thanks!
We have performed this job and it is identical to the procedure we use for our E90 M3 carbon roof conversion albeit the fact that have the opportunity to use a OEM BMW carbon panel. Depending on how detailed you want to get you will also need a new headliner and a new overhead control panel that reflects the absence of the sunroof controls.

For labor we utilize the OEM Valvoline panel adhesive or a similar grade 3M product. It has been a couple years, but total job time was approximately 18 hours.

If you are interested please let us know, but it might be more advantageous to locate a vehicle without the sunroof.