09-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilkesE90 View Post
Yeah, I asked at the dealership and they said that the marking on the headlight was something they did for every car on the lot to identify them, so maybe you are right about that one!

Thank you for the post up of your rain sensor housing. That is about how long my plastic covering is, however it's funny, I am missing the rain sensor itself. I have this cord hanging down as if it is ready to plug into the rain sensor, if it was there. My wiper stalk has a button that you can push in that appears to be an automatic wiper button (it turns green when you push it in). Is it possible that all BMW's were made like that and I would have to get it installed / reflashed for the automatic feature to work?

Also, yeah, my glass must be a replacement. It has an E9, not E1 marking, no BMW symbol, no Pilkington, etc. It must have been made in Spain or something. Hmm, funny that a replacement windshield was never brought up in the paper work. I will have to see about that rain sensor though...
Yeah your glass has to have been replaced. As for the rain sensor though, it sounds as if when the glass was replaced they didn't put it back in, or the glass broke where the sensor was too so both broke and they just didn't put a new one in. Either way it sounds like you don't have it. You can always push the button, and use your hose and spray your window and see if they come on, but I don't think they will. And I want to say every E90 ever made from the factory came with the rain sensor, so no reflash would be necessary if you just plugged the module in.
Appreciate 0