View Single Post
      09-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

I'm not going to get into an argument here (like to keep everything civil), but I'll just state what I have to say:

-Global warming is a fact. "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." I have a bachelor's degree from the University of Miami in Geological Sciences, and I'm about to start my master's program in Earth and Environmental Sciences at Vanderbilt, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that global warming is a fact. Now, I will also tell you that it is something that happens naturally. It will happen, regardless of human involvement. However, we are speeding it up exponentially.

-I am a die hard lover of petrol motors. I don't see myself ever going to a hybrid or electric motor. I love the smell of high octane fuel and hydrocarbons. I love going fast and hearing the sound of raw power. I am, by no means, a "greenie" or anything close.

-The i8 is an amazing piece of technology, for what it is. But you also have to understand that its target audience is still a fairly niche market. And it's nowhere near on the level that Tesla is at. But it's definitely a start. And as for charging, that's still a big thing that companies like Tesla and BMW are working on. But even here in the states, there are quite a few charging stations. Not to mention that if you're driving a Tesla, you can recharge nearly half of your battery while you're simply eating lunch. And travel roughly 300 miles from a single charge. Again, it's a work in progress, which means it will get MUCH more improved over the coming years. It's not something I'll ever find myself associating with on a personal level, and I don't see myself ever owning a Tesla or BMW i8 (or similar), but still. I'm at least realistic about it.
Appreciate 0