View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #59
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccondo View Post
TOday I got some 1000 grit sandpaper and sanded down the front rotors and it seemed like quite a bit came off. However it seemed like there were circular grooves around the rotors. IE when dragging my finger straight down on the very top of the rotor is felt like there were bumps or ridges. I know almost nothing about brakes or rotors so I dont know if this is normal or not.

I didnt have time to do the rears but went and drove it and I so far cannot tell that it is any better.

I am planning on sanding the rear tomorrow and if it doesnt resolve the issue or make it alot better I plan on order a BBK.
Heavy braking sessions with the same pads will only redistribute the pad deposits/transfer. It needs to be removed either by sanding or by more aggressive (track) pads.

The grooves are normal. Mine have them too. It appears to be related to the holes in the rotors. Whatever the cause, bedding in the pads will allow them to conform to the surface of the rotor and they will work fine.

You are on the right track. Sand them all and re-bed the brakes.