View Single Post
      10-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
juanrikrdo
Rep
Drives: 120d E87 5 doors

[QUOTE=reisf;18772395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanrikrdo View Post
The sound's installer said that he can not EQ with the OEM HU, that's why He needs to replace the OEM HU, besides the HU doesn't support RCA output and the remote.

The EQ part is true, but you can get a harness that plugs in between the current connector in your car and the radio that will allow you to get RCA outputs. The remote output on your current head unit is pin 13 on the back, you can just splice into it.

If you're current sub amps aren't wired with the remote coming from this location, this is why you have a parasitic drain.

You could but it depends how many channels the amp has. For example, if you have a 4 channel amp, you could use 2 channels for the front door speakers, and the remaining 2 channels (bridged) for the subs.

Hope that helps.
What a useful info!!

Do you have any pics about pin 13 on the HU's back, to show the guy who helps me with the sound mods?

Where can I find out the proper hardness that will let me get the RCA outputs?

About the Aftermarket HU, What brand of HU can I buy (fascia and connections included) to make a "plug & play" connection to avoid cutting the wires to make this modification?

I really appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

Last edited by juanrikrdo; 10-19-2015 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: add more questions
Appreciate 0