View Single Post
      10-17-2023, 04:00 AM   #1
bobbytomorow
Greatest Internet Poster
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5

F32 Purchase Advice

Longtime BMW owner but I've only ever owned older models (E30, E36, E39, E90, E85) and they were all naturally aspirated. Right now my daily is a 2004 Z4 2.5 manual for nice weather and I have a 4x4 pick-up for lousy weather and when I need to haul stuff. I've always stuck to older models with NA engines because of the ease of DIY maintenance and the price savings that comes with that. However I've been wanting something with newer creature comforts but also with some power so I've been browsing local classifieds for M235i's and 435i's. These seem to be the sweet spot for price+performance+practicality.

That brings me to a recent local find, a 2014 435i with MPPK and quite a few bolt-ons.

Here is the post:
Quote:
Testing the waters on my Manual 435i, open to reasonable offers and some trades! The worst I will say is no.

-2014 BMW 435i with M Performance Package from factory.
-Rare 6-speed manual transmission, rear-wheel drive
-Rebuilt title from minor front-end collision (headlight, bumper, hood, no structural damage)
-Brembo brakes, MPPK adds +35 horsepower, +32 ft/lbs of torque
-Dinan carbon cold air intake, JB4 tune, VRSF downpipe.
-New brake pads, Pirelli P-zero Trofeo R tires
-Some scrapes and dings, but overall good condition, it’s been daily
driven on highways mostly.

I have owned the car for 3 years and it’s always been great to me.
If you have any other questions or want additional photos feel free to
message me!
Googling the owners name I can see that he has owned BMW's in the past and is a member at a local track. Personally I would prefer to buy from another enthusiast than say a normie who doesn't even know what oil weight the car takes, in my experience this generally means the car is at least maintained well.

pro's are:
-low milage @ 100,000kms (62,000 miles)
-mppk installed
-manual + rwd
-open to offers = decent price

cons's are:
-buyer has been super inconsistent with replying (eg when asked for VIN he replied he will send it later that day but didn't reply for 3 days)
-rebuilt status
-could have tracked it aka beat it up

I guess my main questions are:
1) is $28k a fair price (and likely lower)?
2) never had a turbo BMW before, what do I look for when inspecting?
3) how is the N55 for DIY at home?

Attached are some images from the post, it is super clean looking.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0