shag
pullin a boat
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonein10 View Post
gottta love these people!!

I' m about to pick up my factory ordered 435i with Msport pack 1&2 that has no less than (maybe more) 14 M badges on the vehicle should I remove them all because it's not an M car???

IMHO, if it came with M badges/logos from the factory, fine by me. But if you add one on the trunk (or anywhere else for that matter), you may have crossed a line. But that's just my opinion.

Keep in mind that I am also the proud owner of a M-Sport-laden 328xd and there are M logos everywhere, straight from the factory. But not on the trunk! I'd rather rock the diesel badge - gotta be proud of the 40+ hwy mpg shaggin' wagon.

Some people get a little bit touchy when it comes to M badges on non-M cars. I understand them, but when the badges come from the factory, they should dial it down a notch - real M cars (not M-Sport cars) won't lose any value because of these - pointless argument. I guess we've seen too many poseurs out there who rebadge their rusted 318ti's with crooked M3 badges.

You want an M logo on the rear of the car? Go buy a license plate frame.

That being said, my first comment towards the OP is that his car looks great - that's the important part. The rear badge isn't my cup of tea at all, but hey - it's my opinion. If the OP wants to keep it, fine - live and let live.

2021 X3 M40i, Phytonic/Cognac
Past:
2017 330i xDrive Touring M Sport, EBII, Dinan
2014 328d xDrive Touring M Sport, BSM/CR.
Appreciate 0