03-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
Butch
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE Auto

Garage List
2005 330i  [0.00]
I was in a similar position (but not quite as much to spend) a few months ago - really there is no difference in running costs at all when comparing 330 to the 325, I think the difference in mpg is 1 mile to a gallon !

Obviously the 330 is a bit quicker, so I thought if I'm gonna get one, then that's what I will go for ! I also originally wanted an m-sport model, but just for a bodykit and some different trim you can pay quite abit more...

Two other things that surprised me...
1 - The SE suspension I found firm enough for my liking, the m-sport IMO can be a little harsh (especially if you upgrade to bigger wheels).
2 - I wanted a manual gearbox, I had no intention of buying an auto but after a test drive I fell in love - do not pass this by. The salesman had to twist my arm to get me to test drive this car because I was intent on buying a manual, after test driving the auto I bought it !

You have plenty of time, so test drive different engines, trim and gearboxes - that way you can make your own mind up.

BMW E90 (2005) 330i SE Auto - E90Post Stickers, Exhaust Mod, Private Plates, Debadged, 19" Style 230 wheels, Toyo Non-RFT, MFD Scoops, K&N, Black Calipers/Hubs, 35% Rear Window Tints, Black/White Roundels, BMW Splitters, Blacklines, 12mm Rear Spacers, BMWP Knob... Future Mods - Drop?
Appreciate 0