05-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
NYe60chrisIU
NYe60chrisIU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ic4Me View Post
Actually, the rep that he spoke with was absolutely correct! According to BMW, the Gran Coupe is only available as a 640i and no Xdrive in the US at this point. For now the 650i Xdrive is only available as the traditional Coupe and Convertible. Here is a direct quote from BMW:

"The BMW 640i Gran Coupe currently available is powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged six-cylinder engine producing 315 hp. Later in 2013, we will debut the 650i Gran Coupe with 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 and be available in either rear- or all-wheel drive."

As for inept and incompetent BMW sales representatives, I have to say that I agree with you. It would seem that per capita, there are more moronic BMW sales team members then other marquis. Most that I have had dealings with did not know the cars well and gave conflicting information. I personally find this unacceptable, especially for an automobile like BMW. The bright point is, I never buy one without knowing basically everything about it. So, even when the sales rep is clueless and confused, I typically already know the answer.
I see. The sales rep must have been implying that x-drive would not be available until September...or maybe she didn't know at all.
Appreciate 0