Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I have mixed feelings about this...

On the one hand, I LOVE both characters and the direction the writers and directors have taken both franchises. Man of Steel was an awesome movie! The last couple of Batman films were also very entertaining.
What I don't get (and others on various comic and movie blogs agree with me) is why waste effort on a storyline that really is meaningless? I mean let's throw reality out the window here - Superman could literally knock Batmans head clean off of his neck with one uppercut... Dead! He could also freeze his ass into a Popsicle... Dead! And of course he could roast his ass alive into bat fajitas with Heat Vision... Dead! So even in comic world talk, the matchup is frivilous!
Instead, why not take a page from the EPIC successful MARVEL franchise and bring to life MORE DC characters: Aquaman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Cyborg etc? Even Green Lantern is a excellent character to develop. They simply focked up with the storyline, and writing. Or where they could REALLY boost their credibility and revenue of course... THE JUSTICE LEAGUE movie which is set for 2017 (why so foking long)!
Instead, they are "playing it safe" and giving us the same old bread & butter characters.
Oh I'll watch it of course because I'm a HUGE fan of comics! But come on DC... MARVEL is crushing you and the box office!!!!

*end of rant*

Now here are the details and "Official logo/poster" First of all, not until 2yrs from now... WTF?!
Marvel will have released 4-5 films in that time!

Actual pic of Ben Affleck in full costume:
Batman could and has taken down superman.