View Single Post
      08-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #97
ah3nyc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340 M-sport xdrive

Hey guys so two weeks ago my 340 msport xdrive started to have brake issues. It seemed that when braking the pedal becomes soft then dead and won't stop he car unless you pump it several times. It's even worse in situations of bumper to bumper traffic. Long story short took it to BMW and they can't replicate the problem; not surprised. They told me I have to come in to drive it with shop foreman in order for them to replicate the problem. Has anyone had issues with the b58. I'm scared to drive a car with potential brakes that can't stop the car. I had someone in my family drive the car that has had bmws for over decade and noticed issue right away. How can BMW not fix anything anymore?

What should I do guys? I think it can be air in brake line or brake vacuum pump having issues as did the n20. I've already had a 528 with n20 engine have its brakes fail and thankfully no one got hurt but the axle was broken because brakes completely failed and BMW didn't want to take liability on themselves saying that specific vin wasn't under recall even though that year was. I don't want history to repeat itself. I have to go tomorrow morning to BMW to attempt to replicate problem. Any advise . Thank you.
Appreciate 0