05-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #17
frozenfire
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
This is simply guessing, but it could have something to do with the road speed sensor. I read where Shiv was talking about the fix for the cruise control issue (randomly shutting off) in the V5 firmware having something to do with that. Maybe when you installed the harness one of the pins didn't line up exactly right and its not making a good connection. If that were the case and it was the pin that the road speed sensor connected to that might explain what's going on. Like I said though that is sheerly a guess, and I could be way off. You may try pushing in on all the pins in the Procede harness and seeing if it starts working again.
I tried a few times. I checked the conections a few times too. Do you know what cable the speed sensor is on? I could try taking a multimeter and seeing if it is hooked up. I dont want to be checking each indivual cable to see if all them are connected properly...

I also snaped some pics of what it looks like just now (using map 0). Those are the two things that it does, either:

1) nothing and stays with the --- mph (picture 1)
or
2) gives me a "cruise control malfunction" warning on my idrive and displays that on the gauges then (picture 2)

sorry for the crappy pictures, they were taken on my iphone at the speed shown below -_-'
Attached Images

Appreciate 0