02-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
SLO
Shane
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, RRS, LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Wow, a very interesting prospective. You gonna need my flame suit because it's going to get hot in here. Now I have to go test drive the M3 and GTR myself.
Yeah, I realize that there will always be those that feel like they need to argue someones opinion to protect their $70K decision. I tried to be very clear that it was my opinion based on a set criteria that I started the drives with. Everyone is going to have different wants/criteria/preferences which will lead them to different decisions. I would definitely drive both cars if you get a chance tho! Especially the GTR! I haven't had the oppotunity to drive a GTR yet. I do like the concept of the switches for adjusting suspension, launch control, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Therefore, if you like this motor, don't ever think of yourself as a spirited driver. Spirited driver's don't find fun at low rpms. Please get the 135i. You're not the M3 type.
Hmmm...interesting statement! Ok, i'll leave that alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Yeah, boost starts below 2,000 (where not needed) and ends at 5,000 (where needed). The motor looses 100 lb-ft of torque where it needs it most.
The beauty of a turbo engine is that software can change that very dynamically.

Last edited by SLO; 02-17-2009 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0