View Single Post
      02-11-2024, 11:16 AM   #56
JM322
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, Porsche 718, MB GLE35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar Ace View Post
Well, it seems like I post once every few years now, but I guess when I do I have to make it a good one. My 2001 E46 M3 turns 23 years old today (it was built in Feb 2001) so I figured that was a good enough excuse to reflect on my ownership experience with it, which is now about to hit the 15 year mark (I took delivery on May 1st, 2009).

As we all know, cars come in different varieties and flavors, and I must say as time goes on and I drive newer and different cars, my appreciation for how special this model is continues to grow each year. The design still looks modern enough and has a timeless quality to it. The power it has is plenty to boot, the balance of the car is perfect and the feedback from the driving experience is addicting...it's such a great point-and-shoot road weapon. It's a very alive car...NA engine, manual gear shifts, and it really feels like an instrument that you synch with. A lot of modern cars make you feel more like a highly informed passenger, but with the E46 it really emphasizes the art of driving, rather than the horsepower, top end speed or other useless vanity metrics. That being said over my ownership experience I have done it all with this car...taken it to the canyons, to the track, for grocery runs, full drift sessions...you name it. I've also maxed out the speed at 180 mph, which was GPS verified on the track at 180.2 mph (I paid for the whole [...]
What are you thoughts on the two turbo s? The 991.2 and 992?
Appreciate 0