03-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #20
srt8/bmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe-Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown8 View Post
To the OP,

Reading your OP, I would say that you're the one who looks like an annoying prick (even though you may not be trying). What makes you think all these people who are coming up from behind you are trying to race you or beat you in a "sneaky way"?

The way you're describing it, it sounds like you're driving the speed limit or a bit faster, there's a car behind you who wants to pass you, and then as soon as they accelerate to pass, you gas it and speed up. That would piss me off too.

You've turned into one of those people who speeds up every time someone tries to pass them, and then slows back down again. I've never understood those annoying people, but now I see that they might be thinking that I want to race them. Idiots.
I could see where you might think that based on my description. Not so..I typically cruise with cruise on mid 70s- -and here in Michigan, EVERYONE passes me. No Problem! If I could show you film of these events you would see more of what I mean. There is no doubt about the fact that the cars which I was driving, which I admit are not "stealthy" in looks or sound" (and is typically not one I take out on workdays)was specifically stalked and targetted. Many people were passing me prior to this.These were not Passing attempts, which would have been easy and effortless for anyone since I was going mid 70s. These cars got behind me several cars, stayed there for quite some time, and then went WOT out of nowhere.

As I say..if I could show you film of it, you'd see what I mean and it would leave no doubt for you. You will have to just trust me on that, or not beleive me..your call.

Last night, on the way home in my 335, again on cruise control at 76 in the middle of three lanes..light traffic. A trailblazer SS is screaming from behind in the far left lane..I am guessing doing 95-100. I can see him from 1/2 mile back..wide open countryside. No biggie right..what does he do? when he gets up near me he slows down and tucks in behind me, so close I could not even see his front . He was riding my ass for some reason. Again..I am sitting there minding my own business with cruise on 76. He stays right there riding my ass when he could have passedon either side. After a minute or two of this, I turn on my right signal and slide over one more lane. He goes right behind me, still within a couple feet of my back bumper. So I let it rip..I can see, and hear, he does the same. I easily pull away from him and at about 115 (which didn't take long) I lay off. He for some reason stayed back now, quite some way.. What I take from this is he wanted to either intimidate me or race, and was embarrased now. What should I take from this??