03-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by geshsoft View Post
Hi guys, I've been having 335i AT with 07 production date. So far it has been running fine and I got no tunes on it or anything else yet. I do get, however, a weird jerk on first gear. When I press the accelerator it would rev freely up to maybe 1.5k RPM and then the torque converter engages sharply and pulls hard... It does that when it is cold or warm. Yesterday night I left the car for about 4 hours after a short ride (no pushing hard). The oil appeared to be completely cool when I started it after these 4 hours of rest and I noticed that it was a bit harder to shift it in reverse and D. After about 3 min on my entrance to the FW the car would not shift up at all. It was on D and it appeared to be locked in 2nd gear. No warning light came up either. it just stayed there in D. I tried to go into DS but the screen would not even show me DS - it was literally frozen on D. Same applies to manual mode - no manual shifting action. I completely stopped, reversed - it worked, put it again on D - same thing as before. I shut the car down and restarted it and voila - it all works fine now... (why does that remind me of windows...) I don't know what to make out of this. Is there anyone here with similar experience? Any help is appreciated. I am pretty sure that I will be dropping the car in.
Lifetime fluid.

Seriously though, have you checked for leaks? How many miles? Out of warranty?

Might be Mechtronics(sp?) sleeve that's leaking.
Appreciate 0