01-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #1059
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Exactly what I want. I agree on doing it right the first time even if it will cost an arm and a leg.

I've built a few over the years my 3 most memorable are an 06 Accord coupe that I built with the intention of "oh shit, did that accord just beat that m3?" lol, I sold it off a couple years ago and the new owners are actually competing in a couple series with it. Last I heard it broke the 2 minute mark around buttonwillow the other two I still own, an 87 Porsche 924s that I built to race in 944 spec (actually got my NASA competition license for that) but I unfortunately couldn't "make it" and paying out of pocket to keep competing was very expensive, a sponsor would have been nice. and my latest is a Porsche 928s built for fun at the track no serious competition. Its still completely built though (mainly for safety) this is my favorite track car to date, 450whp/tq in a 2600lb car
Not sure how I missed this.... I'm jealous of what you have. I hope to one day be able to get back into NASA racing. It's not a cheap thing to do, but oh so fun. Having something fun like the 928 is what I need to do next, I apparently already have "too many" toys as it is though, which I didn't know was possible.
Appreciate 0