View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #40
jeff.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
I really like the Challenge Race x pipe with the Eisenmann Sport muffler as the best all around setup ( besides our Challenge rear section of course )

I dont think the race + would sound much different than the F1 x pipe is my guess. The Sport X pipe may be the better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL View Post
F1 pipe are just straight pipes, just like challenge race +, so same thing. the change is in the mufflers.

and that smell is awesome heh.
Thanks again for the feedback and I hope my replies aren't hijacking your thread, haha. I understand that the Challenge Race+ are straight catless pipes, but back when I was looking to purchase this exhaust setup, I contemplated with the IPE Sport system and the F1 Evolution. The design of the x-pipe on the Evolution version is the difference between both and IPE states that the Evolution system is 20% louder than the Sport when the valves are open. I forgot if the Sport is fully catless (I believe it is but I can't find any info on these systems anymore) but the Sport x-pipe is definitely different than the Evolution. That's why I am curious how the Challenge Race+ will sound combined with the IPE mufflers. Yes the Race+ are straight pipes as well, but both the Evoution and the Race+ are different designs, hence why I am wondering if the sound will be similar or completely different.

Also, the smell was indeed awesome at first, but I for one when the weather is nice, love to drive with my windows down. I started getting tired of the smell once I realized it stunk up my clothes if I drove with my windows down.
2008 E92 M3 Jerez/Bamboo: SOLD | 2011 E92 M3 Alpine White/Fox Red: SOLD | 2016 F80 M3 Santorini Blue/Amaro Brown: SOLD | 2015 F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue/Black Novillo: SOLD | 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White/Black Novillo: SOLD | 2023 G80 M3 Atlantis Blue/Kyalami Orange
Appreciate 0