R12ax7
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 340xi

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
My brand new 328i with continentals does the same thing between 60 and 80 and it's really darn annoying. The dealer road force balanced the tires and replaced two of them with the same kind but this didn't help.

Many posts on the forum suggest this is just the way bmws with rfts feel on the highway. I hate it and I hope it goes away once I switch to non rft tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by like'n'i6 View Post
my continental extreme contact dw doesn't do that. i go about 70-80 mph daily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nboksa View Post
Wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to mine...

I took delivery of my wife's 2012 328i Sport Wagon E91 just before Christmas 2011. I noticed almost immediately that it had a vibration between 60-80 mph and had a "sway" in the alignment, it would not track straight.

They picked the car up, said the tires were balanced fine but did an alignment. The sway was MOSTLY cleared up but the vibration was as bad as ever.

They picked it up a second time, this time admitting there was a vibration. They balanced the wheels, tried changing all 4 existing Continental tires to a new set of Continentals. Problem still persisted. They have found that another brand of tires, in my case Bridgestone, solved the problem. I have yet to receive the car back to see for myself.

This is a brand new car with less than 1,500 miles on it. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Are Bridgestones an exceptable brand?
I am no expert here but I'm surprised this hasnt been suggested yet (then again, that may be because its not a good solution...), but have you tried playing with the tire pressure? Adding/subtracting a few psi? Either in all 4 tires or just front/just back?

Obviously you shouldnt be having this problem, period. But a few psi can make a big difference.
Appreciate 0