View Single Post
      08-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
LOL, because you'd have to put in an extra 2 minutes for each custom order? Most people don't even bother ordering their cars, they just pick one off the lot. So if someone wants more customizing why not? I thought this was the car selling business, and for this segment more options available can steal customers away from other brands.
Because people always think they know better, but don't.

I work for a company that sells a product for which we have an EXTENSIVE catalog of options. Hundreds. And yet, some people insist on asking for "custom" options. Often times those options are decent. Sometimes they are actually really good. Often they are no good at all, and the people are upset that their "dream" didn't turn out like they expected.

Also, people have no idea how much it cost to customize something that's made in a production environment. The cost is usually far more than if the end user had it done on their own time and with a third party vendor. Then you hear the "you're gouging me" accusations, when in reality we make far less of these types of options, even though they are expensive, than we do on standard pre-programmed options.
Appreciate 0