View Single Post
      06-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #76
simmo1985
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 Edition M Sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
I've been watching some World Cup action and the games have been good. However, as someone who was a serious soccer player as a teenager(my team was the second ranked team in the country in 1990) it's really hard to watch these supposed serious athletes fake these injuries left and right. I don't see how their pride allows it. I think it ruins the game and makes soccer/football players come off as complete pussies. Throw in the copius amounts of hair gel and it just gets ridiculous. You'd never see an American football player that gets leveled on a cross route fake an injury. They pop up as quick as possible so their opponent doesn't think he hurt him. Oh the shame. I keep watching though.
If you really want to compare Football to a real mans team sport try Rugby...no helmets and body armor there and hits just as hard.

I completely get what your saying though. There has been way too much play acting going on at this world cup and football(soccer) in general. Its got much worse over the last 2-3 years i've noticed. The refs and FA's need to start seriously clamping down on it as its pathetic.
Appreciate 0