View Single Post
      02-27-2024, 11:31 AM   #29
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Years ago I had a co-worker that would visit every dealer in Queens and Long Island when he was shopping for a particular brand/ model and announce to the salesperson when he arrived at the showroom "I am going to buy a car today and I want your best price."

The salesperson always went to the sales manager and come back with a fairly low quote. My friend would then say thank you and start walking out of the showroom. The salesperson would always stop him and remind him of his statement that he was going to buy a car that day. The answer he would always give was "that is correct but I didn't say from who" and then he would leave the dealer.

He visited several dealers with the same approach and by the end of the day he received followup calls from these dealers giving him even lower pricing than what was originally quoted. He did this successfully for years and has always received really sharp and below MSRP quotations.
that was what my parents did in the 1980s.. well, without being dramatic, of course.... I still remember sitting in the backseat while they drove from dealer to dealer in the DMV. (mostly MoCo, PG and NoVa)

so glad that Al Gore invented the internet so I can just email all these BMW dealers now.
Appreciate 0