mikola
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

Garage List
2016 BMW 528i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
You do need to code SZL to match your current VO and errors should go away. Only add HBA coding once you have completed your wiring and you should not have any errors

Yeah, you were right. I did the following: (I know it's the basic stuff, but just for any newbie like me)

1. Connected the car to Esys (mine is 3.30 with Launcher Pro 2.81)
2. Read the FA(or VO), activated it by right clicking and choosing Activate(I'm not sure though whether activating the FA was necessary, but anyway)
3. Then I clicked Read All ECUs
4. In the left pane scrolled down to find the SZL. There was no CAFD file there
5. With SZL selected, on the right pane, clicked Detect CAFD for SWE button. There I selected version that was closest to my I- Step software version and clicked ok.(You can find out your software version by going to the VCM menu on the left, from there to Master tab, there in the I Step section press the Read button . There you'll find your current software version, along with the last and initial software versions)
6. The CAFD file must be listed now under SZL. Right-clicked on the SZL and select Code. Waited until it finished
7. Did the step 3 again and scrolled down to SZL to make sure all the entries are black under SZL.

Sorry, I don't have any idea about what to do ina rainly day scenario.

After that, I went ahead to ISTA and performed the Angle sensor adjustment procedure. And then deleted all the codes and read them again. The following codes were no longer there:

CF2101 - No message (operation of shift paddle, 0x207): Receiver EGS, transmitter FEM/SZL)
C98C04 - LIN bus, steering wheel electronics communication fault

I still have the following though:

C98402 - Message (control, vibration, steering wheel,110.1.2) missing, receiver steering column

I think it's something related with my steering wheel not having the heating and/or vibration feature. I think I'll need to switch that off too somewhere. Currently I don't know how.
Appreciate 0