12-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
While I'm not a smoker I have definitely been impacted by the habit. I lost my mom to lung cancer last month. She fought hard for 3 years. So I'll leave that here in the hopes you will start the long road to kicking the habit. Best of luck to you and don't listen to the negative BS you might encounter along your journey.......and make no mistake, it will be a journey.......Phil
I'm real sorry to hear that bud. My condolences to your and your family. My mom just finished battling breast cancer but fortunately, she made it out alright.

Another reason to stop; just because you smoked 10 years and now stopped doesn't mean everything will go back to 100%. You are now a statistic and must watch your health very closely. Even when you stop, they recommend a lung X-ray every 3-5 years to try and catch any abnormalities. I'm really appreciating everyone's input here. Again, i know many have been lost to lung cancer so my prayers go out to you and your families because its not an easy road. M Ryder, the best of luck to you and your family.
Appreciate 0