06-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Should I Keep my 335XI or get the M3?

A little input please....

So this weekend my 1 month old 335XI broke down on me leaving me on the side of the highway (I was on heading on vacation.) The car started to sputter and the "engine malfunction/reduced power" code came on. It was idling very rough and when I let it sit for 30 minutes it still did the same thing. I had to be towed to the nearest dealer who couldn't even give me a loaner. I went and rented a ford focus (haha ) and tried to continue on with my trip. Finally, when the dealer got the car in to the shop they said they could find nothing but an engine misfire in cylinder 2 and that a few weeks previous I ran the car low on gas (still had 25km in the tank). They attributed it to that (I figured it was the HPFP for sure) and could not explain what happened very well. I was quite livid that was all they could tell me and were giving the car back to me the same way it was towed to them. I was going to tune my car (procede or dinan) but now I don't feel confident in it and considering picking up an M3 instead. I can get the power and everything I want in the M3 without messing with warranty unlike the seemingly touchy 335 and its infamous 29.2 and MSD81. BMW has scared me away from tuning.

Now I am pondering to fork out the cash for the M3 or stick with the 335... What should I do?
Appreciate 0