Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
You're right Dave. The graphics card is also important. But, I guarantee you that you'll see a more significant performance boost with an SSD over a newer graphics card (as long as it's less than 5 years old).
Maybe I missed the usage. I thought we were talking image processing, but the OP was so long ago that I may have it all confused. I've got a desk top and a laptop that are both less than six months old. The laptop actually has a faster multicore processor, but the desktop is faster at processing image files. I theorize that the better graphics card in the desktop is allowing OpenCL to work more efficiently.

Heeding DxO's advice, I only process three 25MB at a time, to avoid making the program shuffle info back and forth to the HD. Perhaps if I tried to process 4 or 6 at a time on the SSHD would be faster. As it is, I'm very happy with the 4 to 10 sec. that it's taking now. The Average is around 6-sec. Still, I might be able to take advantage of my SSHD by processing more at once. I may experiment with that.

Dave