12-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I have separate folders for everything. Raw, Jpeg, Edited, Unedited. Then they are all sub categorized. I never have any issue finding what I want, when I want. I've seen too many people try to "keep it simple", but takes them forever to find what they want.

My biggest thing is getting rid of the not so well taken shots right off the bat, rather than review, then delete. Everything is backed up on my external, no cloud or anything. I've never had any issues with my external, but I have had computer problems where I had to wipe out the hard drive and restore to factory, so I did lose all the pictures I had on my desktop.
Same here. I have an event file, i.e. NYC Christmas. In that file are two folders, Raw and Processed. Only the raw files that get processed are kept in the Raw folder, but initially, all of them are imported into that file. I usually hang on to all of the raw files for a month or two in case my wife or someone we were with during that event remind me of an image that i may have missed. But after 2-3 months, i remove those pesky large unused raw files.