View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

DPF Delete

ok amigos I know Im going to get ragged by our mother earth friendlies but frankly i dont care. yesterday I went to check to see if we can get the DPF and gut it out and put a stainless steel pipe thru and have it welded. The mufller shop told me it was going to be around $250 for the job, so were planning into doing in a couple of weeks, why you say? well the guy is going on vacation for one, two i have to coordinate with my amigo from Poland, three I have to do before and after dynos to SHUT up some skeptics. As we looked under the car yesterday, that damn DPF is uncomfortable to remove and it has a FLEX mesh pipe going into the Urea slash NOX sensor(made out of steel) and that my friends is very restrictive , it goes from around 3" to a around 2" which where the urea mist and NOX sensors are and then escapes back to I beleive a 2.5"(mind you Im guestimating here, ok) . I also spoke to the guy and suggested going 3" all the way thru, he looked at the exhaust tubing and he told me that to leave it as it is, why? cause, he said that even though it is FLATTEN it has the measurements of a 3" pipe therefore, he states i would be spending my money. He has made 3" tubing for 335i's and he stated that the noise level was minimal and of course he also stated that DIESELS are different but with different tones. So, you guys can start to hate me or whatever once we're done we will see.

Now, you ask why Im doing this? well, for one I had bad experience with the UREA pump actually desintegrating, NOX sensors gone bad and of course not the correct MPG's and HP we should be having. My Polish friend will try to load the european version of the 286 hp I6 Twin turbo map on mines so wish me luck and also he will give me the Euro mapping for DPF and all its BS removed thats why. Oh BTW Im looking into moving to Cosat Rica eventually and there is no test that Im aware of if so I will do my best to pass it

Yes, I will take the day OFF and take video of everything also with sound video etc etc . Let the games begin!!!!

Yes, these are my VMR 710 18" Sunken Treasure with Mech PSS
Attached Images

Appreciate 0