View Single Post
      04-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Who thinks Torres will/should be suspended again for that hit? It's pretty ridiculous that he pulls the same exact move the first game back from getting suspended for it previously.

JR took a nice jab at him "the Canucks are very deep, they won't miss him".
Well, to be quite honest, his elbow was exactly where the NHL prefers it to be; flush against the body. If you look at the replay, you can see that the elbow shouldn't be the issue. It should have been a charge for leaving his feet, or maybe roughing, or maybe two minutes for inteference, as it was.... And c'mon now, Seabrook should know better than to go in to a contested puck behind the net with his head down. I'm floored that he put himself in that situation to begin with.

Between Seabrook's reaction, Torres' reputation, and the crowd's reaction, I think the play was blown out of proportion. The most I could see from that is a four minute double minor. Charging or roughing is the worst they can pin him with; elbowing just can't be called when the player makes initial contact the way he did.

Watch the hit again and look at where his elbow is.

I wish Buttman would be less obvious about which teams he would like to advance for the betterment of the NHL.... Watching most of the games in the playoffs so far, it's ridiculous how the officiating has turned out in a lot of these series.... However, I expect no different from that piece of shit.

Just be glad you don't have to listen to these homer CSN announcers. They're terrible. I have to turn off the volume to watch the Hawks games, else I have the overwhelming urge to stab myself in the ear. These guys are a joke.
Appreciate 0