dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Perhaps that's it.

I will admit to keeping track of whether I'm "winning or losing the game of life." Of course, the only person who can determine whether I'm winning or losing is the person who defined what the "finish like" looks like and where it is, and that person is me. LOL So, where others are in the game doesn't matter because looking at how and how well they have/are "played/playing" won't tell me how well I'm "playing."

I have lots of goals for myself, but not one of them has or ever will have money as the measure of whether I've achieved them. That just leads to the "I'll be happy when..." syndrome. The problem being that goals properly should evolve and change as one's life advances. So, if those goals depend on money (or the toys and trinkets one buy's with money) one will never "be happy when" because as one earns more, there are more things that one wants that are just out of reach. And if one loses those things that one bought to "be happy when," is one going to then be unhappy until one reacquires them? It's just a vicious cycle that never results in "when" becoming "now" and lasting long enough to keep one happy "later."

All the best.
+1

There is no end to chasing material things.
Appreciate 0