View Single Post
      05-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #35
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

agree with many of the posts by butte2butte in this thread.... Sonax perfect finish is an excellent product (the DA version is EX 04-06). Use it with sonax yellow DA pad (has hole in the middle to cool the pad and avoid burning).... This will get about 75% of the imperfections out without overly thinning your clear coat. If you want something more aggressive, go with Sonax Cut and Finish on sonax yellow Pad to get more imperfections out. Sonax makes a super aggressive red pad that will cut much more than the yellow pad but I wouldn't use it on a newer car like this.

You can spend months chasing imperfections with various products, pads, sand paper. In the end, it really depends on how much you want to thin out your clear coat and how many residual imperfections you can live with. Personally, im a EX-04/06 kinda guy. Gets 75% of the imperfections out and I'll live with the rest of the flaws knowing that i still have some clear coat left. There's really no reason to chase every swirl mark on a 7+ year old car that will NEVER have perfect paint due to rock chips on almost every panel which are much more noticeable.
Appreciate 1
NitroBiz147.50