05-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #95
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post

I've heard similar from a few different sources as well. I have an issue with that though. Scott talks about a convertible. Why would they go through the trouble? Also, why produce so little? It must REALLY be that badass. Its almost as if they're afraid of something. I really hope it has a two year run like the Z4M. That seems a bit more acceptable in my book. Hopefully the demand will make them squeeze another year out of it.
There were no plans for an M version of the current E82/88 1 series, but thanks to the new BMW M CEO. Dr. Segler had different plans, he wanted to offer BMW M enthusiasts and potentail customers an affordable entry level M car and pushed for it to be produced within the E82/88 production cycle. Production will strat from Mar/Apr 2011 until the end of 2012. Maybe that's why they will only produce around 2,500 cars world wide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Scott said 6MT and DCT - but who knows.
They are testing both now, the 6-Speed manual and the 7-Speed DCT, but they "might" only offer it in 6-Speed. Nothing is confirmed or official yet. My source could be wrong though! Hope Scott can clarify all of this?

Last edited by KSAF; 05-10-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0