Thread: My new 135i
View Single Post
      07-25-2022, 07:44 AM   #8
demas
Strictly BMW
Rep
Drives: F10 550i | E82 135i

Wonderful weather this weekend and I had planned to replace the spark plugs+coils and lubricate the gear shifter.

As usual, leading up to the weekend, checked all the videos for spark plug replacement on the N55. There are a lot of good ones out there especially the one with Gareth from FCP.

Although coils and plugs arrived on time, needed a few more parts to prep so decided to kill the plans until I had everything. Most notably, that plastic vent hose pipe that cracks when you look at it, and not having a spare E Torx strut mount bracket bolt. I later figured out it's a one-time use bolt. Ordered everything from FCP so will tackle this later soon.

On the vent hose, Real OEM lists 2 parts - one with and one without the blow-by heater and I have no idea which one I've got. I think I ordered the right one as I can make out part numbers stamped on the plastic hose currently mounted which shows '7584 128' so figured that means part# 1112 7584 128 as listed in Real OEM.

Not letting the day go to waste, went ahead and opened up the shifter to see what was up. Old grease gummed up - no wonder it wasn't feeling great. Cleaned and got it lubed with silicone grease along with portions of the linkages of what I could access. Much smoother now. Also managed to pull off the stock knob without breaking anything thank goodness.

Now looking forward to the ZHP knob which I've wanted for a while and will mount and drive once it arrives. Also got the Burger Clutch Stop from ECS on the way - heard that does wonders in getting rid of the extra play.

So, all in all, not a wasted weekend. Topped it off with a nice Tempura and Soba dinner!
Attached Images

2013 F10 550i M-Sport | AC Schnitzer Springs | CMP Chassis Brace | PS4S

2011 E82 135i M-Sport | Evolution Racewerks CP | Stock | Stock | Stock
Appreciate 1