View Single Post
      04-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #58
XiangyuTide
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Ah sorry, you're right about this. I believe I was comparing the Chinese made 3 prices with the European made 5 series prices. Imported cars are more expensive.

I've not really researched quotes for the Chinese made 5 series.

On another note, I would like a extended wheelbase 3 series in the USA...I am intending on driving my family out in this car for some roadtrips sometimes, and the leg room on this car is pretty small normally (sort of like economy plane seats). Of course it would be worse handling...so I'll see.
Both BMW and BMW China insist that the longer wheelbase will not affect handling at all but I think only no brainer will agree on this. Luckily the 530i my family has in China was built right before BMW China replaced it with 530Li for the first time in 2006. Yeah longer wheelbase will give you more room for back seat passengers, but it harms the original beauty. If you do need more room, a 5 is not gonna help a lot either, so a extended 3 might be a wise decision. Even though I really hate it that BMW compromises to introduce the weird new 3, but I have to agree that it will boost the sales. Yeah, let's see.
Appreciate 0