Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
I'm confused, I have a 2012 F30 with the Adaptive Xenons and the High-beam assistant. When I activate HBA by hitting the button on the end of the left stalk, it seems like it just turns off or turns on the high-beams based on if it detects a lighter area, or an approaching vehicle. Is what you are demoing here a more advanced HBA that is only available on 2013 or 2014 F30s? Or is this the same HBA I have in my 2012?
I think HBA is just auto turn on high beams for better visability and turns off when oncoming traffic. His lights move when your car turns to provide better visability. Thats adaptive headlights or something.
Wrong. Read the OP and the other threads. The Adaptive Xenon's just follow curves in the road and change the beam width according to speed. Enabling HBA then makes this infinitely variable (within it's operating range obviously) as the camera is looking for other cars - so even without high beam on, the beam is adapting due to HBA, not just the preset Adaptive Xenon's.

HBA can also choose individually which xenon bulb to take to high beam. This is all covered in the previous threads.

This astounding version of HBA is not available in the US on the F30 and instead works by simply turning them ON/OFF, with the Adaptive Xenon's following their presets of turning when you turn the wheel.

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0