04-01-2008, 02:52 AM   #38
PhilR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330d M Sport Auto

Garage List
My point exactly AJD.

I think I got a good deal when the 330d was only 3 months old (£10K cheaper than list new) and therefore was expecting to trade it in for around £25K to £26K to move up to a 335d Coupe and take advantage of the fact that it had had only depreciated sligthly on what I actually paid for it. The 335d Coupe was fully loaded and Synter re advertsied at £38K after I pointed out it was grossly overpriced in the first place (£41K)

Because of the insulting trade offered and their own admission it would appear on the forecourt at £27500 (some £4500 more than what they offered me) I told the saleman that he needed to wake up and smell the coffee.

I guess Synter BMW are used to customers turning up and getting fleeced with their trade in? I am commercially aware (due to my profession) and it makes the hairs on my back stand up when someone is trying to take the preverbial as blatantly as this.

I have decided to keep the 330d for another 6 months (got it re-mapped a couple of weeks ago to about 275ps) and then test the waters again for an 08 / 58 ex demo.
Appreciate 0