04-02-2008, 04:17 AM   #41
PhilR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330d M Sport Auto

Garage List
Thanks for the advice.

I did tell the dealer I thought I was the only party being serious about the deal and he wasn't taking me seriously. Think I came accross a bit too aggressive and pi$$ed him off in the end. I wouldn't even discuss the asking price of the 335d in detail until I was happy with the trade in for mine - that's the trap the dealer wants you to fall into. The gleaming overpriced show room car with a decent reduction on offer diverting your attention away from the crap tade in on offer. Business is business and I ain't getting fleeced.

I have decided to stick with the 330d for the time being and will have another look in 6 months time. Just got a remap and enjoying this at the moment plus it's still a fine machine.

I did check out auto trader adverts for 330d's and the trade prices varied enormously - the cheapest I found with sat nav and same spec as mine was £30K although was an 07 but done 17.5K - that's around 6 months newer and 9K less miles. Most of the 330d's on a 56 or 07 didn't have the sat nav and many extras and were £25K to £29K.

I am finding it hard to come to terms that a dealer would only value mine at around £24K (trade in) - 15 months old with 26K on the clock. I'm a valued customer and these guys should be bending over backwards to keep me coming back time and time gain.

Sorry for bleeting on again but.............

List new was over £38K - lets say market value would have been £34K new (nobody pays list) - Dealer says it's still lost around £10K in 15 months - that's a whopping 30%. Never in a month of Sundays would I trade it in for that loss - I know I got a cracking deal when I bought it (had to work hard for this too) and not willing to throw the capital away.

Last edited by PhilR; 04-02-2008 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0