04-02-2008, 05:23 AM   #44
PhilR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330d M Sport Auto

Garage List
Guys

I see your point and know where you are coming from. I will try Parkers / Glass in 6 months time - then I can wave it under the dealers nose when it really is worth £23K and he offers me £20K - LOL

I'll explain a little more so you can see where I am coming from.

Didn't have a trade when I bought the 330d - put down a big deposit though.

Doing my research and looking at other 330d's on sale in delaers suggested my valuation of around £26K to £27K was about right. The coupe I fancied was up for £41K - way too high and then reduced to £38K to align with other dealers similar spec 335d's - after I pointed this out - but still over priced at £38K - they wouldn't move on this (just reduced it by £3K) and still offered below par for mine. LOSE...LOSE from my point of view. Had Sytner been prepared to sell the Coupe for say £35K then I could have offset this against the £24K offered for my trade. But no they wanted to make on my trade and sell the 335d at sticker price too. New Reg was just out and I thought they may have been more receptive to a DEAL.....Obviosuly not.

I only started looking cos I was bored one afternoon and ended up geting into a heated debate with the dealer - lol

Last edited by PhilR; 04-02-2008 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0