Thread: F1 at NBC
View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #84
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT

I streamed the Sky coverage side by side and the lack of commercials alone makes the coverage infinitely better. That, and the coverage is in fact, infinitely better. haha

Interesting insights from Sky and BBC that NBC didn't spot was that Webber could have forced Seb off the track in turn 4 where Seb finally passed him but chose not to. Coulthard noticed it immediately and Sky analyzed it shortly after the race.

I will say that NBC did spot a few things that the brits missed, but on a whole Sky and BBC give the viewer a better picture of what is going on. As they should because they have at minimum twice the manpower covering the race and no commercials.

I'm hoping NBC will give this sport more of the budget soon so that they can take out the commercials, at minimum dual screen all of them. And send more people, especially the commentators, to the races. Too much going on for Will to cover by himself.