07-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #50
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
thanks for all the input guys!!!

I think I do need to start incorporating a little bit more cardio into the workout.....i dont do much to begin with on a weekly basis.
I've read in a few articles that doing cardio after a workout can completely negate everything you just did with weights...any of you guys hear that?

I do think I need to dedicate one full workout session to cardio, then leave the other days to lifting. Either way...I usually workout on a weekly basis:
Day 1: Chest/Triceps
Day 2: Back/Biceps
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Shoulders/Legs (will now start incorporating squats!)
Day 5: Biceps/Triceps*
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Chest

*I try an substitute a muscle group that varies each week, so each week I'm working out a group of muscles twice.

That look good to you guys....my working it too much???
Here's my take:
1. You are over-training. Post up your routine for each day as it stands right now.
2. Try changing your workout. Chest/Bi's, Legs, Shoulders/Tri's, Back. In that order, but give yourself 1/2 days off between legs and back. You do legs heavy/intense enough, you should want to go home and just sleep. Same with back. You can do 2 on/2 off, etc, depending on how you feel.
3. Change your reps per exercise every week/few weeks. Muscle confusion.
4. Stick to the basic exercises. Compound presses, the big 3 (bench, squat, deadlift), etc. Skip the fancy crap like cable work for now.
5. At your age, I didn't squat/deadlift much either. BIG mistake. As others have said, leg work releases the most HGH. Start working legs, watch them grow, watch the rest of your body grow, watch your strength in all the other exercises grow.
6. Eat healthy, and a LOT. You're relatively young and need the protein to grow.