View Single Post
      06-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
xijonix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 3 Series xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by a31cefiro View Post
The DTEC lights are obviously brighter than the ebay lights, but that just showcases the differences in brightness between the two rings. From what I see in the picture, the ebay angel eyes look more even in terms of brightness. Also, do these fade in/out when you unlock/lock the car? And if it does, does it so so evenly?
Yeah, its based off my previous Angel Eye Bulbs, as I try more I'll compare everything to the DTEC. The 20W eBay bulbs were fairly bright for what they were, and their price point.

The bulbs are really bright so it's hard for the camera to pick up how even the bulbs are. In person there is more fill than the eBay bulbs of course in day light, however the inner rings are much much brighter than the outer ring during the day due to the brightness of the bulbs.

Daytime:

eBay 20W bulbs, in certain angles you'll be able to see the inner right but nothing at all for the other.

Dtec bulbs, in all angels you can see the inner ring, being over 10ft away from the car the other rings are visible, however during the day the inner rings definitely stand out more.

---
It's almost like no matter how bright the bulbs are, the outer ring during the day will be only visible at a certain distance/angle and the inner rings will always be so much brighter during the day time, since the dtecs are really bright you can easily during the day tell the difference between the inner ring and outer ring brightness w/ angles/distance taken into account.

At night the outer rings are much more visible with that it gives from a distance (10ft) a more even look between the two rings.

So in the end the DTECs are more even at night, while during the day they are so bright they very well illuminate the inner ring however due to the design of the headlight angel eye tubing the outer rings are not as visibly bright as the inner ring. As any angle you can see the inner ring but certain angles/distance for the outer.

It's nothing like the new bmw led angel eyes, and never will be unless you do some headlight modifications from what I can take away.

Update: Sorry didn't read the last part, yes they do fade when locking and unlocking the car. (Fade in, fade out).

BMW E90 LCI

Last edited by xijonix; 06-21-2014 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0