View Single Post
      01-09-2024, 04:43 PM   #13
TDW_Nero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Why didn’t you switch to the XP12? XP20 even with some aero can overpower the tire and definitely the stock ABS. XP20s have amazing initial bite and linear feel thru a braking event. BIG difference between XP12 and XP20. Going from XP10 to XP20 should be interesting!
You're right it could probably easily overpower tires. This entire track day I've only had to use at most 50% of the brake pedal to slow down. I was planning on experimenting harder in the next session to figure out where the ABS threshold is but rain was coming down so I made the call to pack up and leave with a sub40 under my belt

The initial reason I got the XP10's was because I wanted to promote rotor longevity, but after the last few events I decided to forgo rotor life for stopping power. It was mainly recommended from someone who ran XP20's with high praise and also the car has no weight reduction mods aside from the Akra Exhaust. Going from XP10 to XP20 was quite the night and day difference. Good bite and modulation. I felt like I didn't have to try as hard to get the sub40 this time around while the previous event at Laguna (XP10) I was trying to extract as much as possible from those pads and ended up boiling fluid, though to be fair I've stiffened up the rear rebound to dial out understeer for more rotation since the last time.
Appreciate 0