View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Maxspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe

Suspension Advice Needed

Hello,

I have a 2009 335i coupe that is lowered on H&R springs. Recently the steering has felt very disconnected and at highway speeds and anything above 80 especially, my car feels very dangerous and loose. I am aware that a car on just springs could make other things go out, but the first owner put them on, and I just haven't made suspension a priority. That being said, what do you think could be wrong?

Also, Are the ST coilovers for a grand worth it? Being a student, I do not have a bunch of money too sink into my car, but I really want too do coilovers.

Now here is the dilemma! My car has the HPF exhaust with a huge 3.5 inch pipe down the middle of the car, since I am lowered, it scrapes on most speed bumps and some driveways. The exhaust sooner or later will be toast from this scrapping, but an exhaust shop told me for now it was ok, and they couldn't do anything because I was totally catless and its illegal for them too work on it. Will coilovers, specifically ones priced 1000-2000, just lower me more and make the problem worse? Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0