View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #45
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Granted, my experience is based just on that, my personal experience. Davis Bacon may have solved some issues for many trades, but for mine it serves to be bureaucratic BS at it's best. In my county, in FL, they only list one type of flooring installer, a tile setter, and his prevailing wage, according to the GOV, is $15.63/hour. The problem for me is that i use subcontractors who bid on the work for a lump sum. This turns the DBA for me, in to a paperwork aggravation. A must is keep track of how many people are on the job for how long.

Here is the kicker. My installation crew may decide they want to bring 5 helpers with them for this job. But for the amount they bid, and the number of people, and the number of hours they all work would net them an hourly wage lower than the DBA prevailing wage. So once again, the 5th helper gets to sit at home, not making any money for the 3 to 4 weeks the crew will be on the project.

I'm on the fence about your statement in bold, but only have personal theory to argue against it and sometimes that personal theory supports you statement. haha
Can you clarify this? Why is this is an issue? Are you saying the $15.63 wage they pay isn't enough to cover the cost?

When I audit these I just have to see that you maintain time sheets with the workers names. If they bid lump sum then just calculate the time they spend on a job and the lump sum and come up with the hourly calc?

May be I am not getting this.
Appreciate 0