View Single Post
      05-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
rexsevn
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Weird Clutch Problem

First Post!
Unfortunately not good news, this morning my 07 335i coupe was running great, no problems what so ever, until I drove into a gas station, I immediately heard a loud and audible grinding noise coming from under the car. I thought I must have gotten a flat tire and I was running on the rim (this had happened recently on the same car, sounded very similar). I stopped the car, turned it off, and inspected my tires. Everything was normal. I was confused and went back inside the car. I started the car, placed it in gear and couldn't get it to go. The engine had no contact with the transmission, I released the accelerator expecting a stall but nothing. I placed the car in other gears to see if it would catch but also nothing, higher gears reproduced the loud audible sound I mentioned earlier. All I have is a revving engine as though I was in neutral. Placing it in reverse provides the same effect.

I suspected that maybe my clutch had gone bad but I don't recall experiencing any symptoms of a typical clutch going out. There was no slipping of the clutch, nor was there any of the burnt smell that is usually found on a bad clutch. This has really been a dumbfounding experience.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0