09-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #16
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
Just finished 800sf of engineered in my condo. Learned a lot. Ended up firing the flooring guy and doing it myself.

My install was over an osb subfloor which is a pain. Ended up gluing and stapling as staples alone did not hold well enough to the osb to prevent occasional creaking/popping.

Looks like you will be doing it over a concrete slab? If so, make sure you have something made for full glue down and get glue with the proper moisture barrier. Key will be in the preparation of the slab and making sure it is flat per the wood floor manufacturers specifications (and also so the finished floor looks good cosmetically).

Edit: looks like you have sitting in the garage? Make sure you have it acclimate inside conditioned space and open up the ends of the boxes unless you plan on letting it acclimate for a week +.
Thanks for the advice.
I have near zero knowledge on bamboo, and I appreciate all the input people gave me.

Yeah. it is sitting on a garage, and we bought underlayment as well. I think I paid little more than I wanted on underlayment, but that is what people recommended. Colorado is dry as heck, and I am fairly certain it will be okay inside the hot dry garage, but I am planning to move about 10 boxes into our house just to be safe.