10-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #19
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
Turbo fan;
I kind of like it! While the sky is very blue it isn't shocking because it doesn't take up too much of the picture. I also like the reflections you captured on the trunk. Interesting shot. My only question is why is there so much white around the trees? Especially the one that is directly over the fin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Turbofan- Im not really sure if i like the photo or not. The colors are REALLY "blotchy" (i don't know how to say it any other way). Specially when you look at the upper right side of the photo in the sky and also on the car. It looks like your sensor is dirty or someone smeared the colors.

Yeah, I'm a little so-so on it. Some of the color is blotchy because I had to compress the photo so badly to get it under the file size limit. If you see it in full 12-bit color, it's very smooth.

As to the white around the trees, that's due to how I got the sky so blue. Because of the large black region in the composition of the photo, it over-exposed the sky. I don't have a gradient filter yet, so I can't really correct for it. I added the blue to the sky, and then started fudging with things.

The colors are a little over the top due to the way I did the post-processing. That, and the jpeg compression algo is also what created the "smudged sensor" look.

I usually look for the ultimate in sharpness and faithful color reproduction in my photography. But in playing with this photo, it started to take shape in a kind of "pop-art" interpretational kind of photo. I appreciate the feedback. I know it's tough to evaluate, it's not a very common technique with photograpgy, and I don't know that I'm any good at it.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0