Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Yes, yes......Happy/Merry (pick your religious holiday of choice) time of the year.

NOW.....for my Christmas gift to myself.....trying to decide between the Harrop or ESS supercharger for my S65
Both excellent choices... Pros and cons even out...

ESS out longer more product support from shops...

Harrop sounds better - might be stupid but dat whine...

ESS more horses for your dollar - but some configuration needs to be done to fit the bloody thing

Harrop more expensive but more power

I've heard the fit and finish on the Harrop is gorgeous and practically OEM look and install a breeze, but especially around your neck of the woods, is there anybody who is a certified to work on the Harrop or even install it? That would be the issue for me to contemplate...

Can't go wrong with either IMO... And sounds like a fantastic gift... to oneself, lol...
Bimmer Performance Center has done several of ESS installs.

I do love that Harrop design and fit....using the OEM air box and NO fitment issues....

$ for $ - hard to beat the ESS though.
I meant with the Harrop - might be more difficult to find product support as opposed to ESS...

But again, end of the day, can't go wrong with either... Not a day goes by I do not miss my e92 M, and that was three cars and 2 motorcycles ago so it's saying a lot... And mine wasn't even SC'ed...

I absolutely dig the whine in the Harrop though - same style as Z06...
I meant that BPC is fully involved with ESS install, and about an hour from the house.

Not sure about Harrop installers (and that is a great concern) - not just install, but ongoing support.
The little I know about you is that you are wise and sensible... Pretty sure with the limited support or rather ease of support for ESS plus the added value dollar wise - that will most likely be the decision you will go and it makes sense...

There, Christmas crisis diverted !!! Now please post pics and vids after install...
Appreciate 1