View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #79
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic

I must say that I had a positive experience with the BMW Genius Division. That is indeed what they call it too. This was phone support as opposed to something at a dealership. I couldn't figure out what the auto start/stop button was and when I asked the service guys at the dealership they said it had something to do with my competition package. When I could tell no discernible difference when pressing the button I decided to call up BMW customer service. The kid I got on the phone had no idea what this button did and he was using Google to try to find the answer while we were on the phone. Finally he told me it had something to do with the lighting settings. Obviously that wasn't the case. Also, I could find no information in my regular manual about it. Had I noticed the M3 quick reference guide I could've found out myself but I didn't notice it in my manual packet. I called BMWNA back the next day to get to the bottom of this button and the girl who answered immediately routed me to the genius division and I had an answer in 2 seconds.
Appreciate 0